Thursday, May 24, 2012

{red, white, and blue}

A kind, elderly gentleman knocked on my door the other day. He wanted to thank me for flying the American flag. He said he noticed it flew all the time and he appreciated that. I smiled and explained that, yes, the flagpole was erected several years ago and has been flying 24/7 since then.

We’ve always been a patriotic family, appropriately displaying the flag on holidays, but January 23, 2005, shifted things. You see, Chris left for Iraq on January 23, and for me that flag had to go up on January 24. Had to! This time flying the flag was different. This time it was symbolic of great personal sacrifice, pride, and the anticipation of my husband returning from war. Chris returned eleven months later on December 10, 2005, and the flag remains. It flies in memory and honor of much and many.  Memorial Day and every day.

YES, the flag is definitely my favorite thing in my front yard. {favorite thing #4}

{the red, white, and blue collection}
24 favorite ideas for those special Red, White, and Blue occasions
proper credit given if known

{yummy for my tummy}

Pinned Image

Berry-Topped White Balsamic Custard Tart
source7andbaking.com

sweet tooth

Memorial Day pretzels! memorial-day
source: pinterest.com


{please come in}



July 4 wreaths

{wear it}


windy eh?

white, blue and red!
source: shopstyle.com

Pinned Image
source: pinterest.com

{display it}

Plant-Echinacea, Tomato Soup

Memorial Day 2011 015

I Pledge Allegiance Colonial Primitive Sign American Flag

Cute idea...


$Alt


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!

Unsure of proper flag etiquette? click here to learn more

{bringing sunshine}
-Lori

1 comment:

  1. Love this post...you are up to 472 pins! Way to go. love you

    ReplyDelete