Tuesday, May 1, 2012

{puzzled}

I love puzzles and it was one of my favorite things to do with my kids. Sometimes after completing a puzzle you simply hate to box it back up after all that effort. And sometimes it’s just too marvelous to undo. So consider NOT undoing it!

Puzzles 1 & 2




This is the first puzzle set I framed with the help of my then six year old daughter. These puzzles so much reminded me of my two kids, warmed my heart, made me smile... and consequently were becoming a permanent fixture on my tabletop! My friend brilliantly suggested framing them… so I did.

How? After puzzle is completely assembled, carefully ease it off the table holding the two corners closest to you and slowly flip it over. With a small paint brush or your finger tips, spread regular Elmer’s glue to the backside of the puzzle. The glue will dry clear and you will have a permanent picture to mount.

Puzzle 3


Years ago my girlfriend, knowing how much I enjoy puzzles, gave me this gazillion piece Map of the World puzzle for Christmas. It took me about one hour every night for the month of January with the whole family periodically contributing. (Yes, I still remember.) Definitely frame worthy. It has moved from one house to the next and I still haven’t tired of it. That’s a sign of wall art you love.

Puzzle 4

My husband and I always mesmerize over Thomas Kinkade’s paintings. His paintings however are out of our budget, so one day I thought, “Hmmm…I wonder how one of his puzzles would look framed?”  So when my sister and her family were vacationing at our house, we spent quality time working together around the dining room table on this puzzle. We completed it in one week, flipped it over, and all the kids that contributed signed the back of the puzzle. This is a true Thomas Kinkade “original” masterpiece.

It never fails for a guest to comment on one of my puzzles, and I look forward to those opportunities to share the story on who helped with that puzzle, how long it took, and how I managed to get it in the frame!

Like anything you see? Asking where can I find?

Puzzles can be found at any Dollar or discount store! Just find one you love!
Mine were custom-framed from Michaels (with a coupon, of course!)
Click here for Thomas Kinkade's puzzle gallery. Dreamy!


No comments:

Post a Comment