Wednesday, June 6, 2012

{bathroom reveal #2}

I’m calling 2012 the year of the bathroom. We renovated the "kids" bathroom in April, see April 28 blog {guest bathroom reveal} which was a planned DIY project. Love that bathroom, do take a peak!      

However, last week I had a spontaneous moment, and well, let's just say this blog is all about that whim!

We'll call it Bathroom Reveal #2. Like I said we didn’t intend on doing anything to the downstairs half bath but it kinda had that domino effect once I started. See May 20 blog {good, better, best} when I mentioned that it all simply started with spray painting the mirror and door knob! Ha!

Old look…nothing wrong with it…red toile which is classic, timeless.

Before…






And though I liked the toile, I am so happy that I followed the "whim" because it spiraled into such a great new look.

Since this renovation wasn’t planned and therefore not in the “budge” it was important to keep the cost to a minimum. I scanned my Pinterest boards, proceeded to Michael’s, and landed on my inspiration piece: scrapbook paper! Yep, that’s right! $.59 inspiration. I chose 3 complimentary designs, grabbed canvas frames, and headed to Lowe’s for grey paint.

Drum roll please for the after pics...




There’s something to be said for FRESH and  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the grey and orange!

Like anything you see? Asking where can I find?

Paint: Lowe'sValspar Waverly color "Storm"
Canvas Frames & Scrapbook Paper: Michael’s (simple process: brush Modge Podge onto the canvas, cover with the paper, let dry, then brush Modge Podge over the paper.)
Art inspiration from: curbly.com (She glued paper to styrofoam squares, but I chose canvas.)
Ampersand sign: Target clearance
Etc sign: Target clearance
Lamp: Target
Towel Hook: Kirklands clearance
Flower: Pier I

DIY Project Re-do: under $100

Hint: Be sure to use the weekly Michael’s coupons. Download the free Michael’s app on your smart phone so you always have a coupon handy!

Stay tuned in the coming weeks for the Master Bathroom Reveal, my next super big renovation. Yep, it’s the year of the bathroom!

1 comment: