Friday, June 8, 2012

{pesto pizza}

I love pizza! And I love making my own and whipping up something on the fly. I’m not the traditional pepperoni or meat lover pizza type (though I do love a true Italian pepperoni pizza from Ohio!)
Nor am I the Little Caesar’s or Pizza Hut type unless I’m feeding a party. I prefer homemade, northern style, or specialty pizzas.

So here’s another pizza recipe created with what I had in the fridge and pantry.


Ingredients:
Pizza crust (brand: Boboli)
Pesto sauce (brand: Artisan Fresh)
Fresh mozzarella (brand: Bel Gioioso)
Fresh cherry tomatoes

1.       Rub a little bit of EVOO on your brown stone or pizza pan.
2.       Place pizza crust on the pan.
3.       Spoon on the pesto sauce.
4.       Cover with sliced tomatoes.
5.       Cover with fresh mozzarella slices.
6.       Bake 425 for 20 minutes.

If you like this recipe, you may also want to try {bruschetta pizza} blog May 18, 2012.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment