Friday, June 15, 2012

{FRIENDS iconic door}


I’ve always loved Friends and that iconic empty frame on their door. So cool! And because I strive to be that cool, here’s my personal version of that idea.


Instead of using a wreath hanger or nail in the door, I secured the frame to the door with a little bit of Velcro along with the sticky dots used in scrapbooking. I hung the “S” to the frame with a single strand of twine and also a little bit of Velcro on the back so it wouldn’t wobble every time we open the door.

I took the plain “S” and simply started tightly wrapping jute twine around it, every now and then applying hot glue to secure the twine around the curves and corners. No particular method, just wrap it.

Like anything you see? Asking where can I find?
Empty wooden vintage frame: originally from Hobby Lobby but I snagged it at a yard sale for $1. Gotta love a good yard sale!
Monogram: Michaels, of course!
Inspiration credit: TV Sitcom Friends...
 
Inexpensive , fun thrill. What do you think…did I achieve the “cool” look? 


No comments:

Post a Comment