Saturday, August 4, 2012

{save the date}

Get ready because in the next three months I will be posting the most creative and prettiest wedding ideas! Let's start with this Save the Date notification uniquely created by my very own future daughter-in-love! This photo was taken in the woods behind our home. Simply nail a few empty pic frames to a tree along with hand-made paper hearts, sketch in the happy couple's names, grab a photographer (this photo taken by my husband...looks pretty professional, huh?), and wa-la you've got an amazing Save the Date notification. Josh and Day added something personal to their notice: the Love You More sign tacked to the tree on the right. Josh often tells Day, "I love you more" and she responds, "I love you most." When I stumbled on this Love you More sign at Kirkland's, I grabbed it thinking I'll give it to them for "something." Ha...what a great something!

The long story short? Josh met Dayana in Sydney, Australia this past January 2012. It was an instant love at first sight encounter. Fast forward to July when Josh returned to the U.S. with Dayana at his side for a two- week visit...AND we fell totally in love with her, too!

Proposal on July 20, 2012 at Cypress Gardens, South Carolina
First, the gorgeous canoe ride...

and then the proposal to remember...(friends hiding in the bushes catching it all on film)
She said, YES! 

We are so blessed and have been in continual celebration mode! 
Looking forward to sharing with you what I learn and experience along this exciting wedding planning journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment