Sunday, April 29, 2012

{heritage wall}



I love family, traditions, heritage…and black & white photos! Add that up and we have ourselves what I call our “heritage wall.” What a great place to intentionally pause and remember! Plus I love taking guests to my heritage wall, citing who’s who and sharing a favorite memory.




I purchased a full scale wall template to help me with the design and layout. The template allowed me to visually see the recommended balance. I rotated the template and moved the frames around to make it work for the images I wanted to display. I also added a third row of frames because I had a lot of photos and I also wanted to use the entire space. And I think that’s a key point… occupying the entire space of your wall for greatest impact.

Be sure to use a laser level and be particularly mindful that the outside parameter on every side aligns. I also purchased all of the same type and color frames, just varied the sizes.


After playing around with it, moving and tweaking, I settled on placement but was left with a “gap” in the design. That’s when the idea dropped to apply a “word.” I came up with heritage but you could create any word like: family, your last name, a favorite saying, or feel free to borrow my word heritage.

I painted the letters black and applied them to the wall with scrapbook photo dots.

Like anything you see? Asking, where can I find?
Answer: All things Michaels!
Template: Michaels, $5
Wall Frames: Michaels, great deal buy one get one free
Individual Letters: Michaels, $2 each

If you have a smart phone, consider downloading the free Michaels app to keep their weekly coupon handy!


No comments:

Post a Comment